Dr Hayden Thomas
BSc (Physiology), BSc (Chiropractic)
• after graduating from the University of Auckland and the New Zealand College of Chiropractic, he completed further training at Life Chiropractic College West, San Francisco, USA
• worked as a locum chiropractor for many years around New Zealand and then in Cork, Ireland before returning to Nelson to set up Equilibrium with Dr John Dawson
• has been involved in humanitarian chiropractic work in Cuba
• active involvement in the NZCA, NZCC Alumni Association and is a NZCC Tua Iwi member
• with partner Hayley, Hayden is father to three girls.
• follows his strong interests in health and wellness, art and design, and environmental issues.
Dr Lloyd Buscomb
Vice-President and Administration Portfolio
• owner of Waikato Chiropractic in Cambridge which he opened in 1987
• currently on his second period of Council service
• on the Board that founded the NZCC; seven years on the Registration Board
• married to Cheryl and recently became a proud grandfather
• a strong interest in elite athletics and fitness; approved to provide care for carded athletes.
Dr Shira Michaeli
B(Chiro), Cert Prof (Spanish)
• proud graduate of NZCC
• winner of the NZCC Alumni Association’s “Meritorious Service Student of the Year Award”
• former provincial competitive swimmer in her home country, South Africa
• former Western Pacific Director and Secretary on the Board of Directors of the World Congress of Chiropractic Students
• volunteered in the rainforests of Guatemala for six months before starting chiropractic school
• currently practicing in Auckland and completing a masters degree in health science with a focus on nutrition at AUT.
Representation Portfolio and Lay Member of Council
• over 40 years experience in the New Zealand public health sector as both a clinician and as a senior manager
• current and previous governance experience in both public and non-governmental organisations
• experience as a registered nurse in the health sector covering both the hospital and community settings
• moved into senior management positions in the mid 1990’s in the District Health Board (DHB) sector, with an emphasis on human resource and workforce development
• currently an independent contractor working in the health sector.
Dr Cassandra Fairest
• esteemed graduate of the New Zealand College of Chiropractic
• owner/director/partner of a chiropractic practice in Central Auckland
• 15+ years previous experience in the fitness industry as an instructor; regularly practices yoga and attends group fitness classes
• Married to a firefighter with teenage children who currently attend secondary school in Auckland
• Passionate about health, wellness and vitalism; and also chiropractic research and education
• Former industry experience in accounting, media and interior design