Becoming a Member of NZCA
Being a member of New Zealand’s largest and most well established chiropractic organisation has many advantages – both for you and the profession as a whole. Becoming a member means you will never stand alone in any dealings with chiropractic issues. Working as a team we can help build a stronger future for chiropractic, its practitioners and its clients.
Members application form
Student application form
Benefits of NZCA membership include:
- bi monthly NZCA E-Journal The News containing industry news, practice tips, clinical gems etc delivered to your inbox
- website listing (Find-a-Chiropractor) and access to the Members’ Section of the website
- reduced premium rates due to the power of a large buying group for PI Insurance
- reduced premium rates due to the power of a large buying group for small business insurance
- reciprocal WFC membership
- discounts on numerous products and services for you and your practice eg with Sleepyhead
- peer support eg through participation in Regional Groups
- discounted rates for advertising on our website, via email to our membership and in The News
- an invitation to attend our AGM – generally held in May
- discounted attendance at NZCA Conference
- support with concerns or issues arising in your practice
- opportunities to be involved in your profession at whatever level you wish
- the chance to develop a number of transferable skills eg drafting submissions and reports, committee membership, policy development, leadership, project coordination
- exposure to and notice of a wide variety of CPD opportunities
- business advice eg Advertising Standards Authority requirements and recommendations
- copy of the Members’ Directory
- opportunity and guidance on how to use NZCA Media Releases locally
- right to use “MNZCA” after your name
- access to NZCC library and library services.
The NZCA also plays a major role in policy formation, public health initiatives, public relations and continuing professional development. It has an active Memorandum of Understanding with the NZ Chiropractic Board and the NZ College of Chiropractic, and representatives meet regularly. NZCA is also a member of Allied Health Aotearoa NZ (AHANZ) and a representative attends AHANZ meetings.
With you on board we can keep doing it… and do it better!
Types of Membership: Ordinary, Associate, Honorary, Life, Senior, Spouse, Faculty and Student.
We have a number of different types of membership that are designed to cater for a variety of situations so regardless of where your career in chiropractic is currently, there is a membership option that allows you to make the most of the benefits of being part of the NZCA. If you need to transfer membership type, please let us know.
- complete and submit the members application form and an invoice for your application fee will be sent ($115 including GST).
- complete the student application form and an invoice for your annual subscription will be sent ($27.50 per Annum including GST).
- an interviewer is appointed to your application (student members are not interviewed)
- interviewer contacts you and arranges an interview time usually for a phone interview,
- phone interview is conducted
- recommendation is made to Council and upon endorsement by Council, you will be sent an invoice for membership fees from the date of your application until 30 June. Membership year is 1 July-30 June.
- once your application has been received you are temporarily covered for PI insurance until your interview is conducted, Council approves the application and then your payment of the invoice for membership subscription and PI insurance premiums needs to be paid by the 20th of the following month, otherwise insurance cover will lapse
For more information, don’t hesitate to contact us!
Patricia Warhurst Secretary email@example.com
- any chiropractor with current New Zealand registration is welcome to apply for membership
- subscription fees and PI Insurance premiums are invoiced in June of each year to cover the period from 1 July to 30 June the following year
- membership year is 1 July-30 June. If you join part way through the membership year, subscriptions and P I Insurance are charged on a prorata basis from the date of application to the following 30th June
- in the event of a member having paid and resigning or taking special leave prior to the end of this period a prorata refund of subscriptions and insurance premiums will be made
- current subscription fee is $919.00 + GST for full ordinary membership
- faculty, senior and spouse members enjoy a 50% discount on ordinary subscriptions
- new graduates who have been student members of the NZCA enjoy 50% discounts on full ordinary membership subs in the first 18 months after graduation, assuming graduation takes place in December
- new graduates who have not been student members of the NZCA pay full ordinary membership subscription
- PI Insurance – A condition of membership is that all practicing members are required to hold professional indemnity insurance. The current premium is $397.50+GST
- all amounts are in New Zealand dollars
- a 10% Finance loading is applied to all invoices. This amount can be deducted as a discount provided the net payment is paid prior to the 20th of the month following the invoice date
- the New Zealand Chiropractors’ Association website will not collect or process credit card details. All transactions will be processed by the Secretary or an online authorised credit card processing company.
- we accept Visa and Mastercard. Please note: A 3% processing fee must be added if paying by credit card.
*Click on either the members application form or the student applications form at the top of the page, press submit and you have lodged your application. We will make contact with you soon after.
If you have any enquiries contact:
Patricia Warhurst – Secretary/AO firstname.lastname@example.org or
PO Box 3217 Richmond 7050